KRAIBURG Rubber properties
„KRAIBURG Rubber“ What is so good about our rubber products? quality and properties.
Our purity rule:
KRAIBURG raw material: the best from the tyre. Very high quality mixture: important tyre properties are retained: No regenerate, chalk and other low-quality components, which lessen the quality and are disadvantageous to the environment. „New rubber“ is not a defined quality term! Some speak of „new rubber“ even for mixtures with a minimal percentage of caoutchouc.
dimensionally stable / elastic
resistant to abrasion
Unique KRAIBURG mixing process: tyre granules
- high quality caoutchoucs and vulcanization systems
- gentle processing Priority: resource saving.
Through closely coordinated product development, application technology and process engineering, good final products with no compromises have been developed elastic floorings for cattle and sow housing: mats can be produced voluminously with very distinctive profiles
RUBBER AS A MATERIAL is a natural material and therefore has the properties of a “natural product”:
Temperature changes cause changes in size. These are not permanent, and always regenerate.
Extent: about 0.2 % per 10°C (= about 2 mm per meter per 10°C )
- with cold: rubber contracts
- with heat: rubber expands
Remaining deformation from load:
Mechanical loads can cause lasting changes in length and width. Here the rubber quality plays an important role.
Extent: with KRAIBURG there is a maximum of only 1%. (Here KRAIBURG quality speaks for itself.)
Why is correct installation so important?
Example: distance to the rear edge of the cubicle
Maximal change in size of a 1.83 m mat remaining deformation: max. 1% > with a 1.83 m length: max. 1.8 cm
temperature dependent deformation: 0.2% temperature induced change for every 10°C
example: winter -10°C; summer 20°C = difference of 30°C (3 times 10° C) > with 1.83 m mat length: 1.2 cm
Sum in this extreme case: 3 cm
- Follow the installation instructions
- do not press together!
- adjoin mats loosely!
- comply with distance and joint instructions!
- TARSA, KEW Plus and WINGFLEX: apply the assembling tools!
- WINGFLEX: can be installed flush with the rear concrete edge, because the mat and profile are especially designed for that.
- WELA: keep at least 5 cm distance to rear concrete edge, as the distance will decrease considerably within the first days after installation.